What is EYLF?
The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) refers to the national curriculum framework for early childhood. All child care services are required to use the EYLF to support and guide the educational program for children.
The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) places children’s learning at the heart and encompasses three interconnected elements of principles, practices and outcomes to guide pedagogy and curriculum decision making. The five learning outcomes acknowledge variations in learning styles, development and context as well as the complex, integrated nature of learning as children progress towards the outcomes in their own meaningful ways:
• Children have a strong sense of identity
• Children are connected with and contribute to their world
• Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
• Children are confident and involved learners
• Children are effective communicators